NGO/UN Job Vacancy
Country: Syrian Arab Republic
Closing date: 29 May 2017
The Idarah Program is funded by multiple international donors and is implemented by an international organization who’s objective is to support and strengthen the operations and capacity building of Education Directorates.
Idarah seeks to hire Field Program Advisors (FPAs) based in Dera’a and other locations to help build relationships with Education Directorates, local council partners, and provide procurement, logistics, and monitoring oversight for activities in Aleppo. The FPA will play a critical role in expanding the reach and impact of Idarah activities across Syria.
The FPA will report to one Idarah Program Officer (PO), who is based in Turkey; for technical implementation, the FPA may report to more than one PO. The FPA will be responsible for program activities and budgets, monitoring and evaluation of activities, and support activity implementation. The FPA is required to submit site visit reports to the Idarah program team, and will travel to Turkey on a quarterly basis, as able, to attend meetings and training activities. The frequency may be adjusted to every 4-6 weeks depending on the security situation and the grant portfolio workload.
In cooperation with the Idarah Chief of Party, Program Officers, and Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, the Field Program Advisor will:
- Provide logistic support as assigned, such as conducting site visits, assisting with gathering deliverable or other documents, or other tasks.
- Assist in monitoring activity progress in the field, in coordination with the Idarah Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and programmatic staff.
- Conduct data collection for M&E surveys and reporting, as requested.
- Provide program detail to the team as necessary for program reports, including responding to requests for information from Idarah staff.
- Submit incident reports to Idarah POs and chief of party.
- Provide extensive support and mentoring of subawardees on required payment verification documentation.
- High school diploma required. University degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Syrian social and political structures at the national, regional and local levels is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in management, and/or monitoring and evaluation.
- Good interpersonal and communications, organizational skills
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel within the assigned province in Syria and to and from Turkey.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic is required and capacity in written and spoken English is desirable.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is strongly preferred.
This full-time position is available immediately and is expected to last until the program end date, anticipated to be January 31, 2018. Compensation will be negotiated with the company and will be based on the employee’s demonstrated salary history, professional experience, education and training, and market factors.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the Program Officer opportunity, please fill out the form found HERE:http://ift.tt/2qCvLEl and attach your CV at the bottom of the form. Where it says “Update your CV” click the “choose file” button to upload your CV. Hit the “Submit” button to submit both the CV and Informational form. Please include “Field Program Advisor” in the subject line of your application. The deadline for applications is May 29, 2017. Only finalists will be contacted.