NGO/UN Job Vacancy
Organization: UN Children's Fund
Closing date: 02 Jun 2017
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Assignment
To assist the Country Office for preparing a high quality Country Programme Management Plan (CPMP) 2018-2022 based on the new Country Programme Document (CPD) 2018-2022
In consultation and collaboration with the UNICEF-Kyrgyzstan Country Office, the consultant will be responsible for the following activities:
Desk Review of key documents, including:
- UNICEF-Kyrgyzstan Programme Strategy Notes
- Draft UNICEF-Kyrgyzstan CPD 2018-2022
- UNDAF 2018-2022 document and annexes
- Common Country Assessment and UNDAF 2012-2016 evaluation reports
- Country Programme Evaluation report
- UNICEF-Kyrgyzstan SitAn key considerations and findings;
- Provide advice and technical guidance on the formulation of the quality Country Programme Management Plan for the next programme cycle;
- Facilitate a workshop with the CO staff to the areas of competencies which the new Country programme require;
- Critically consolidate all suggestions and feedbacks and prepare a quality Country Programme Management Plan (in line with UNICEF formal requirements to the document) and close consultation with the CO management.
- Facilitated workshop and draft CO organizational structure with competencies required
- Finalized CPMP 2018-2022
Qualifications of Successful Candidate:
Master degree in Social Science or equivalent
Years of relevant experience
15 years of experience in managing development programmes. At least 10 years in senior management capacity, preferably in a mix of RO or HQ-based and country-based positions. Documented experience in change management, and as head of office;
Solid experience with UNICEF policy and procedure, preferably in a mix of programme and operations functions. Institutional knowledge of the UN and UNICEF systems and processes
Competencies of Successful Candidate
Very good analytical skills in relation to development challenges and relevant transformation processes; very competent in conceptualizing complex management challenges; excellent writing skills
TOR CPAP 2018-2022 for advertisement.pdf
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://ift.tt/2q46GhL