NGO/UN Job Vacancy
Organization: Turquoise Mountain
Country: Saudi Arabia
Closing date: 16 Jun 2017
Work with Country Director and TM COO to build and oversee a centralised operations team in Riyadh in the core areas of logistics, procurement, finance, administration, HR and inventory management.
• Oversee operational activities both within the Riyadh office and in provincial training programmes and craft centres as part of SHP – TMT activities.
• Recruit Operations team members according to team functions, including providing opportunities for mentoring young Saudi members of the team into core positions.
• Review all areas of operational challenge and, with support from local consultants where required, identify workable solutions within prioritised timeframes.
• Travel to different centres around the country as required to ensure operational support for high quality production and programmes.
• Act as a key member of the TM Arabia senior management team, and deputise as a trusted on-the-ground manager for Country Director as required.
• Attend all necessary meetings and contribute to senior management discussions to enhance the project’s vision, mission and strategic development.
• Work alongside colleagues to build a positive team environment, excellence of internal communications, and continuous high level of positive and polite communications with all stakeholders, artisans and partners.
• Further develop policies and procedures to support these areas of activity.
• Other tasks as may be required from time to time by the Country Director.
• The contract is for a permanent role, with a probationary period on both sides, and flexible starting date depending on individual notice period.
• The position reports to the TM Country Director, Saudi Arabia.
• The position is full-time and requires significant presence in Saudi Arabia to ensure proper project oversight. The project office is in Riyadh.
• Attractive salary package commensurate with experience.
• The working week in Saudi Arabia is 5 days per week, Sunday to Thursday, with a 7-hour working day. Hours may be flexible during the day according to the needs of the project; some work may be required outside general office hours.
• Presence in Saudi Arabia is not required during Ramadan, Hajj or Eid periods. During these times project work will be based in the UK. Some flexibility between Riyadh and domicile-based work is possible at other times during the year.
• The contract includes 30 days paid leave and government-recognised national holidays in Saudi Arabia.
• All work travel, visas and accommodation are provided.
• Travel, personal liability and emergency medical insurance cover is provided.
• Accommodation in Riyadh is at the AEI Saudi villa in the Diplomatic Quarter. A double room with attached bathroom is provided, with shared living room, TV room, dining area, and mini-business centre. Wifi is available free of charge at the AEI Saudi residency. Equivalent costs may be provided for alternative accommodation.
• A minimum of 3-star hotel accommodation elsewhere is provided by TMT for work travel in KSA.
• Personal travel costs for local transportation are not covered by TMT; a car is bookable for personal use through AEI Saudi for Riyadh local trips. Taxis, hotel cars, or Uber is available elsewhere.
• Breakfast and access to a lightly stocked, fully-fitted kitchen is provided at the AEI Saudi residence. Dinner and other food costs are not provided by TMT.
• A Saudi mobile phone and laptop computer are provided for work purposes by TMT.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please send your CV with a supporting letter outlining your suitability and reasons for applying for the position, to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 16 June 2017. Candidates will be contacted within two weeks of this date with the initial outcome of their application.