NGO/UN Job Vacancy
Organization: FHI 360
Closing date: 18 Jun 2017
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Director, Clinical Training/Mentorship, Rwandan Health Service Delivery Activity
FHI 360 is seeking applications for a Director Clinical Training/Mentorship for an anticipated project in Rwanda, focused on improving reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health services and malaria control and prevention activities. The Director will ensure timely and high quality implementation of the project through facility-based provider training and capacity development, supervise the clinical team, and collaborate with government county leadership and teams to ensure implementation of the project in line with the Government of Rwanda policies and regulations and global standards.
The position will be based in Kigali with up to 40% travel to districts and will report to the project Deputy Chief of Party-Technical. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Lead and mentor central and district training teams, maintaining the appropriate resources for program implementation while ensuring adherence to national and international high-impact practices
- Provide strategic leadership for training and mentorship for clinical services in areas of reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health services and malaria control and prevention
- Work with district health management to assess need for, supply of, and utilization of key equipment and ensure trainings and mentorship activities are coordinated to maximize use of available resources
- Work with district health management and district project team members to assess and improve referral practices
- Collaborate closely with HQ technical teams to ensure that program implementation adheres to appropriate global strategy and is technically sound
- Work closely with the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party-Technical to prepare annual workplans, budgets, and quarterly and annual reports
- Ensure that services provided to clients are compliant with the Government of Rwanda regulations
- Represent the project at professional meetings and conferences
- Bachelor’s degree required (MPH or Medical degree highly preferred)
- Eight or more years of demonstrated clinical experience at the senior level in the areas of reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health services, and malaria control and prevention, mentorship, and continuous quality assurance and improvement
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Relevant language skills with excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent computer software skills
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow, ability to structure work of staff members
- Relevant computer software skills, including at a minimum MS Word and Excel
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply: