NGO/UN Job Vacancy
Organization: Save the Children
Closing date: 01 Jun 2017
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 12 months
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
The Advocacy and Campaign Director is responsible for leading on the development and implementation of the advocacy, campaign, media and communication strategy and embedding this across our work to ensure maximum impact in our integrated programs. As a member of the Senior Management Team in Nigeria the Advocacy and Campaign Director also shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office (CO).
Qualifications and experience:
- University degree in policy, media, communications or an area of relevant social development
- Minimum of 7 years demonstrated experience in progressively responsible positions in advocacy, media and / or campaigns
- Proven experience in successfully developing and implementing advocacy, campaign and media strategies;
- Demonstrable track record of leading change, resulting in significant results for the organisation and their stakeholders;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate complex issues in a compelling way for a variety of audiences;
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching;
- Experience of managing a team and building personal networks, resulting in significant new opportunities for the organisation;
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Master's degree in policy, media, or communications or an area of relevant social development;
- Excellent understanding of the Nigerian political context and policymaking processes.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at http://ift.tt/PoLyPw
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contated.
How to apply:
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'Fsy.firstname.lastname@example.org'