NGO/UN Job Vacancy
Organization: International Potato Center
Closing date: 24 May 2017
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a talented student for an internship position as a data clerk for the CIP-Eldoret Office.
The Center: CIP (www.cipotato.org) is a not-for-profit international agricultural research-for-development organization with a focus on potato, sweetpotato, and Andean roots and tubers. Its vision is of roots and tubers improving the lives of the poor.
The Position: The Intern will report to the Monitoring & Evaluation Research Associate and will be based at the CIP-Eldoret office.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Data entry;
- Ensure each beneficiary from the data collected has household identifier cards;
- Data cleaning and error checking to ensure it is of the right quality;
- Screening beneficiaries for nutrition training/interventions;
- Any other duty as requested by the supervisor.
- A student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Economics/Agribusiness and in his/her 3rd or 4th year of studies;
- Good communication and written skills;
- Should be in possession of a laptop;
- Experience in the use of MS computer packages with emphasis on excel;
- Ability to adhere to policies and procedures, and observe the Code of Conduct
- Pays attention to detail.
Conditions: This position is open to Kenyan students currently residing in Eldoret only. This will be an internship contract for a period of three (3) months.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply online through CIP’s Internship Opportunities website (http://ift.tt/2rmdLig ), including a cover letter, a full C.V with the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Screening of applications will begin on 24 May, 2017 and will continue until the post is filled. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.