NGO/UN Job Vacancy
Organization: International Foundation for Electoral Systems
Closing date: 25 May 2017
The position will relate to the implementation of IFES mainstreaming and inclusion project that capitalizes on existing IFES disability rights and gender equality and women’s empowerment programming, Under the supervision of the IFES Project Manager, the Inclusion Specialist will provide technical advice and expertise to support the smooth implementation of the project.
- Facilitate implementation of project disability inclusion strategy (with a key focus on women with disabilities) for each of its components, sub-components and activities including mechanisms and benchmarks to ensure that the disability inclusion targets are monitored, reported and being met (including mechanisms to allow project management to respond if there are issues in meeting the targets).
- Support and foster understanding about disability mainstreaming and marginalized groups in the pre and post electoral process.
- Lead and support the development of disability inclusion policies including drawing and implementation of specific action plans that ensure disability mainstreaming and inclusion in policy processes.
- Providing support to Organizations of Women with disabilities as well as policy makers to implement disability inclusion strategies and policies.
- Facilitate sensitization of all the project team and stakeholders on concepts and concerns on disability inclusion.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the project’s components and sub-components in achieving the disability (women with disabilities) inclusion target.
- Substantive experience and record of accomplishment in the area of disability issues.
- Familiarity with Kenya laws on elections, participation, affirmative action and inclusion.
- Good knowledge of electoral system and management in Kenya.
- Knowledge of political system and the environment in Kenya against the participation of women, youth and Persons with disability.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate policy and action plans of national wide project
- Proven ability to advocate and provide policy advice.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, programme development and implementation, results-based management, and reporting.
- A professional with strong practical expertise in gender and inclusion
- Demonstrated People Management Skills.
- Strong report writing, record management, and communication skills
- Strong coordination skills
How to apply:
Interested applicants should apply by May 25, 2017, 1700 Hours, East Africa local time.