NGO/UN Job Vacancy
Organization: Secours Islamique France
Closing date: 31 May 2017
SECOURS ISLAMIQUE FRANCE (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
SECOURS ISLAMIQUE FRANCE is recruiting a Regional Administration Coordinator based in Amman (Jordanie).
BORA = Regional operational base of Amman
Based in Amman, the Regional Administration Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the BORA Regional Coordinator.
He/she is an expert in administrative and / or financial and / or human resources management. He / she will be in charge of support SIF staff and partners in developing high administrative quality programs and projects, ensuring that SIF and its partners obtain significant institutional donor funding for our development and humanitarian work, on Middle East missions (Syria, Lebanon, Iraqi Kurdistan, Jordan, West Bank, Gaza Strip) and on the regional office development.
- Part of the Regional Coordination Team (Senior Support Team) of SIF Middle East Regional Base (BORA), he/she is: Empowering culture that values donor compliance and understands its benefits.
- Explaining and accompanying the implementation of existing and new SIF administrative, financial and human resources rules and procedures in the mission;
- Develop strategies to support positive administrative change management and harness the depth of knowledge and experience of the Middle East teams.
- Participating to or backing up the administrative set-up of exploratory and opening missions.
- Training and Capacity Building
- Together with HoMs, identify national administration staffs’ scopes for improvement and provide adequate support to build capacities;
- Provide with HoMs and HQ financial controllers capacity building to SIF national staff in the implementation of new rules, tools and procedures in administrative, finance, accountancy and human resources
- Suggest new tools, manuals, and methods to ensure quality and timeliness of internal administrative managements as well as all aspects of awards processing and management.
- Support to Grant financial Management and reporting of the Middle East missions
- Ensure (once the Middle East regional strategy approved) that all the related-missions’ strategies comply with the regional approach and SIF procedures in terms of administration, financing and human resources requirement;
- Participate to the mission improvement of SIF annual budget and financial report elaboration.
- Middle East Missions stabilization and development
- Participate to the administrative set-up organization and the implementation of exploratory and opening missions.
- Support Missions in specific time of projects or base, specifically in case of openings, amendments or closure.
- Elaborate specific documents depending on the activities carried out (reporting when filling gaps, evaluation and monitoring reports, meeting summaries, etc…).
- Active participation to the development and functioning of the Regional Base in Amman
- Contribute to the Regional Program supervision done by the BORA Regional Coordinator by providing specific administration guidance;
- Participate to the BORA functioning by facilitating knowledge sharing, communication, collaboration and team spirit within BORA as well as between BORA and the missions, and between missions.
- Moves: frequent moves in the Middle East (Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, West Bank, Gaza, etc…)
Secours Islamique France diversity is a wealth; We will study every application with required skills for the position. Profil :
Minimum 5 years of previous experience in humanitarian work, including previous experiences as Administration Coordinator with INGOs in humanitarian and development contexts. A previous experience as Regional Coordinator is a plus;
Extensive knowledge and experience of budget design, holding, proposal and report writing;
Knowledge and understanding of project cycle management and related tools (Logical Framework Analysis, Work plans, etc.);
Ability to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with partners including local authorities;
Experience of working within an insecure environment with compliance to strict security rules;
Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, especially Word and Excel;
An understanding of and commitment to SIF’s mission and values;
Personal skills: strong adaptability;
Desirable: Familiarity with the Middle East working context;
Knowledge in (SAGA, Treasury forecast, BF…);
Leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff). Experience in coaching colleagues;
Proven strong analytical and organizational skills;
Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English (and desirably French and/or Arabic).
Duration : 1 year
How to apply:
Please apply here : http://ift.tt/2qz90kd