NGO/UN Job Vacancy
Organization: Women for Women International
Closing date: 31 Jul 2017
In countries affected by conflict and war, Women for Women International supports the most marginalized women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community, and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge, and resources, she is able to create sustainable change for herself, her family, and community.
Since 1993, Women for Women International has served more than 462,000 women in 8 conflict-affected countries, including Afghanistan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Iraq, Kosovo, Nigeria, Rwanda and South Sudan.
WfWI is seeking to hire a Finance and Logistics Manager to assist the Country Director in establishing a new country office in KRI. The position will be responsible for setting up systems and procedures to ensure smooth running of financial, administrative and logistical functions in the start-up phase, and to help manage the expansion of the country office operations as additional funding and programming comes on line.
This position will work closely with the WfWI HQ Finance and Grants Management teams on all financial and compliance matters. The F&L Manager is a member of the country office Senior Management Team (SMT) and reports directly to the Country Director.
General Accounting, Financial Management & Reporting:
- Ensures the effective and efficient management of KRI country office financial aspects (accounting/internal controls, budgeting and reporting, grants and sub-grantee management) and guarantees compliance with local fiscal regulations, institutional financial management policies and procedures and donor financial requirements.
- Responsible for timely and accurate submission of monthly financial reporting package to HQ, including standard financial statements and accompanying schedules and grant level reporting.
- Implement, monitor, and evaluate internal controls and compliance procedures.
- Assist Country Director with budget preparation, budget analysis, and forecasting; and ensure program budget and budget projections are timely and accurately reflected in institutional system. Prepares program financial reports as required.
- Manage cash flow, including timely fund requests to HQ. Oversee the management of the country office petty cash funds and bank accounts, including monthly reconciliation.
- Train staff on financial management policies/procedures and budget coding guidelines for new grants and projects for use on timesheets and coding of payment vouchers.
- Prepare/Review all payment vouchers to ensure completeness and accuracy of supporting documentation and budget coding prior to data entry.
- Ensure that Annual Audit is carried out in a timely manner as required by the organization.
- Ensure that the internal control procedures and donors regulations are followed for all cash disbursements, receipts, transfers and include appropriate backup for US A-133 compliance.
- Ensure timely and correct submission of all grantee financial reports in accordance with grant and sub-grant agreements and review reports and supporting documentations for reasonableness.
- Coordinate with HQ Accounting department to facilitate timely processing of all grant and sub-grant payments.
- Manage all grantee audits as appropriate.
Procurement, Logistics, & IT:
Ensure the effective management of all country office Procurement, Transport, Assets and Stocks.
Ensure compliance with WfWI Field Operations Manual and other operational policies and procedures, and suggest revisions as and when necessary.
Ensure maintenance of an accurate and up to date asset register and depreciation schedule for all fixed assets. Ensure that controls are in place to safeguard assets and oversee physical inventory verification at least annually.
Supervise the Driver and ensure effective and efficient transport of staff and supplies as needed following all safety and security procedures.
Serve as focal point for IT issues and liaise with HQ-IT unit and/or technicians as needed to troubleshoot and maintain IT systems and equipment in good working order.
Oversee the internet service provision contract to ensure timely and quality service as per contractual terms and conditions.
Ensure effective management of all country office service contracts and timely execution of all approved payments to vendors /contractors for goods and services received.
Work closely with grantees managing project procurement.
Work closely with the HR & Administration Officer to ensure that country office payroll is done in compliance with national tax and labor regulations.
Manage timesheets for the country office, ensuring timely submission, approval, accuracy, and filing.
Ensure the monthly payroll allocation entries are properly calculated, coded, and entered appropriately into the accounting system, including review and approval of allocations to specific grants and projects.
Capacity Building and Support:
- Provide detailed feedback and guidance to grantee finance team.
- Work closely with in grantees and sub-grantees to identify capacity development priorities in financial accounting, financial planning, and grant management.
- Conduct finance and compliance training/ mentoring for grantees’ finance staff, including orientation for new hires, making visits to their offices.
- Provide technical assistance to grantees in terms of accounting, financial management, and systems of internal control to ensure compliance with US Government and other donor rules and regulations.
Participate in policy-setting discussions with the SMT and HQ and assist the Country Director to communicate relevant policies to staff.
Make recommendations for enhancements to policies and procedures to create operational efficiencies and represent the KRI country office during global finance meetings and cross-functional policy development working groups.
Participate in overall strategy development and annual operational planning and budgeting of the country office.
Supervise direct reports in line with WfWI’s performance management framework, including the setting of annual performance objectives, annual performance appraisal and regular 1:1 meetings regarding progress throughout the year.
Provide coaching, mentoring and on-the-job training to subordinate staff.
- Master’s degree or other post-graduate qualification in finance, accounting or business management (will consider commensurate experience in lieu of Master’s degree; however, a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required);
- CPA, ACCA or equivalent designation is preferred;
- At least seven (7) years’ work experience in Accounting or Finance position with full accounting and budgeting responsibilities, preferably within the INGO environment, including at least three (3) years in a management role, and at least 4 years of experience managing government, multilateral, and bilateral funding, especially US Government funding.
- Experience in managing sub-grantees, including building their financial management capacity, is an added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills including spreadsheet, database, word processing, presentation, and email along with data entry experience;
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Pro accounting software highly desirable;
- Demonstrated experience supervising subordinates is required;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion is required;
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and to take initiative;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kurdish is required; Arabic is an added advantage.
- The F&L Manager will be held to the highest ethical standards.
- Citizen of KRI strongly preferred; other candidates will be considered if they are fluent in Kurdish and have significant work experience in the country/region.
How to apply:
All interested candidates should submit an updated CV, Cover Letter including contact information for 3 professional references to: email@example.com (with F&L Manager in the Subject line).
Application deadline: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis; we are seeking to fill this position as quickly as possible.
Only short listed applicants will be invited to interview. No telephone inquiries please.