NGO/UN Job Vacancy
Organization: UN Children's Fund
Closing date: 04 Jun 2017
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
The Health Officer reports to Health Specialist (System) P4. The Officer provides professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for the Health Program within the Country Program from development planning to delivery of results, preparing, executing, managing and implementing a variety of technical and administrative program tasks to facilitate program development, implementation, and program progress monitoring, evaluating and reporting of results.
- Post is office-based in Dar es Salaam, with frequent travel within the country.
Impact of the Results
The efficiency and efficacy of support provided by the Officer to program preparation, planning and implementation of health programs/projects facilitates the delivery of concrete and sustainable results for the Health Program that directly impacts the improvement of the health of the most marginalized and vulnerable women and children in the country, and this in turn contributes to maintaining/enhancing the credibility and ability of UNICEF to continue to provide program services to protect the rights of children, promote greater social equality to enable children to survive, develop and reach their full potential in society.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Support to program development and planning
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to program implementation
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Identify, capture, synthesize and share lessons learned for knowledge development and to build the capacity of stakeholders.
- Apply innovative approaches and promote good practice to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable program results.
- Assist with oversight of research and ensure results are available for use in knowledge products
- Participate as resource person in capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- A University Degree in public health/nutrition, pediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, health policy and/or management, environmental health sciences, biostatistics, socio-medical, health education, epidemiology or other health related sciences is required
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in public health/nutrition planning and management and/or in relevant areas of maternal and neonatal health care, health emergency/humanitarian preparedness, at the international level and/or in a developing country is required. Experience in health/nutrition program/project development in UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
i) Core Values
- Diversity and inclusion
ii) Core competencies
- Communication (II)
- Working with people (I)
- Drive for results (I)
iii) Functional Competencies:
- Formulating strategies and concepts (I)
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying technical expertise ((II)
- Learning and researching (II)
- Planning and organizing (II)
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://ift.tt/2q0vQhP