NGO/UN Job Vacancy
Organization: Women and Health Alliance International
Closing date: 21 May 2017
The Financial & Administrative Coordinator is accountable for the sound financial, accounting and budgetary management of the mission as well as the management of human resources and the administrative and legal records.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Financial, budgetary and accounting management: He/She is responsible for all aspects relating to finance, including budgetary and accounting elements, as well as the mission cash flow.
- Management of human resources: He/She is responsible for the administrative management of the local and international teams, for the definition/updating of procedures and HR management tools in accordance with labor regulations in the intervention country and the HR policies of WAHA, and for the monitoring of risks linked to HR questions.
- Administrative and legal management: He/She supervises administrative records and guarantees that the status and functioning of the mission are in legal accordance with the requirements of the intervention country.
- Representation: He/She represents the association in its relations with partners, authorities and different local players for the financial, administrative, legal and human resources areas of the mission.
- Coordination: He/She centralizes and diffuses information within the mission and to headquarters for all financial, administrative, legal and human resources aspects of the mission, and consolidates the internal and external reporting for these domains.
Specific objectives and linked activities
1. ENSURING SOUND FINANCIAL, BUDGETARY AND ACCOUNTING MANAGEMENT FOR THE MISSION
- He/She elaborates and updates monitoring tools to ensure the financial equilibrium of the mission and prevent risks. He/She analyses financial information, and shares his/her conclusions with the coordination team, the base managers and the appropriate technical managers at Headquarters levels.
- He/She ensures the implementation and correct use of financial, accounting and budgetary procedures and management tools throughout the mission. He/She is responsible for briefing new expatriates and local employees on these rules and organizes ad hoc training when necessary.
- He/She ensures, amongst other things, that expenditure procedures are respected and implements an internal control system. He/She also participates in the validation of procurement files.
- He/She is responsible for financial audits on the mission and supervises the transmission to headquarters of the necessary documents and information within the framework of headquarters’ audits.
- He/She pilots the development of the mission budgetary framework for the year, and monitors/revises it at regular intervals, such as defined with the technical manager at headquarters level.
- He/She formulates project budgets within the framework of operations proposals (including budgetary narrative), respecting the procedures for each donor, in coordination with the coordination team and the appropriate field managers. He/She ensures the cost coverage strictly linked to the proposed programs, but also to the fair distribution of mission operating costs throughout each project.
- He/She carries out budgetary projections at regular intervals in order to ensure the optimization of budgetary resources while respecting the eligibility and flexibility rules of each donor. He/She proposes where necessary budgetary adjustments, which could necessitate requests for contractual amendments. He/She takes into account the contractual timing required for presenting an amendment and ensures that all the documents are transmitted in due time to headquarters.
- He/She ensures, throughout each project, that funds are correctly attributed, respecting the contractual framework in terms of eligibility rules (date, nature and procurement procedures) and reporting intervals.
- He/She produces external financial reports for the donors that he/she transmits to the Head of Mission for transmission to headquarters with all the documents constituting the contractual report.
- He/She supervises the accounting assignment of transactions, ensures that expenditure is correctly assigned and carries out the monthly accounting closure having carried out all the necessary controls. He/She then transmits the monthly accounts to headquarters in an electronic version as well as the paper accounting returns within 1 month following the end of the previous month.
- He/She is responsible for the correct archiving of accounting documents according to the rules established by headquarters.
d. Cash Flow
- He/She establishes the provisional cash flow with the teams and transmits to headquarters requests for transfers. He/She ensures that the amount of cash flow for the mission is sufficient for the requirements in the field over the period, taking into account possible donor payments carried out locally in these transfer requests to headquarters.
- He/She is responsible for the bank accounts and funds for which he/she regularly controls the balances, and he/she organizes fund movements to the mission permanently mindful of the security of the transferred and stocked funds.
2. ENSURING THE GOOD MANAGEMENT OF LOCAL HUMAN RESOURCES FOR THE MISSION
a. HR Policy
- He/She produces and proposes in collaboration with the lawyer & the accounting firm, country HR policies in terms of rules, procedures and tools, relating to recruitment, remuneration, administrative management, disciplinary aspects and the management of individual career paths within the organization.
- He/she guarantees the application of this policy, once validated by the Country Coordinator and Headquarters, and consequently monitors that the rules and procedures are known, understood and applied by all coordinators.
- In particular, he/she participates in the production and/or updating of the internal rules of procedure and is responsible for their correct application.
b. Administrative management, management of career paths
- He/She participates in the validation of recruitment requests, contractual amendments (whatever the object: function, remuneration, hours, end date…), disciplinary sanctions and dismissal decisions.
- He/She supervises the organization of recruitments (offer, candidates, and interviews) for his teams and can be called upon to participate for other departments.
- He/She ensures the constitution of administrative files for the personnel, and monitors that employee documents are in accordance with working for WAHA in the country.
- He/She defines the procedures and produces necessary integration supports for new employees.
- If needed, He/She elaborates the remuneration grids (fixed and variable elements), defines the complementary advantage packages (compulsory or not: medical cover, per diem, insurance, travel expenses…) and ensures their implementation, once validated by the Head of Mission and Headquarters.
- He/She supervises pay operations.
- He/She monitors absences and particularly vacations.
- He/She monitors the smooth running of the evaluation process for all the employees of the mission.
- He/She identifies training needs and participates in making them materially possible.
- He/She organizes and manages sanitary and medical repatriations in case of work related accidents with the Desk & the Human Resources department at HQ level.
- He/She responds to administrative requests from all employees, advises them and accompanies them where necessary.
c. Organization of work
- He/She participates in the elaboration of staffing organization charts, is attentive to the coherence of team composition, in terms of task sharing and responsibilities, definition of hierarchical and functional links, job titles.
- He/ She participates in the elaboration of job descriptions and validates them according to the classification grid.
- He/She participates in the definition of Human Resources requirements within the framework of the drafting of project proposals and possible amendments.
d. HR risk management
- He/She monitors salary costs, carries out financial projections, anticipates and alerts if necessary.
- He/She ensures that the HR rules and procedures are in accordance with current employment legislation, ensures social monitoring and carries out updates where necessary.
- He/She is responsible for defining and implementing appropriate work conditions, in particular concerning health and safety rules.
- He/She anticipates and prevents social conflicts and participates in crisis management where necessary. Conflict prevention may require the organization of a personnel representation system, if inexistent.
- He/She is attentive to the risk of abuses of authority (between local employees or from expatriates towards local employees, in whatever form) and reports all inappropriate behavior to the Country Coordinator.
- He/She is responsible for managing the files for all the personnel (on staff or not), the updating of data and their physical and electronic archiving.
3. ENSURING THE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT OF INTERNATIONAL MISSION PERSONNEL
- He/She ensures the constitution of administrative files for international personnel, their registration with local authorities and embassies, and monitors that expatriate documents are in accordance with working for WAHA in the country.
- He/She supervises the organization of mission arrivals and departures (bookings, travel documents, transit, vacation requests, return sheet…) in coordination with the Country Coordinator and Headquarters.
- He/She carries out the briefing for all expatriates arriving to the mission within his/her skill areas.
4. ENSURING THE ADMINISTRATIVE AND LEGAL MANAGEMENT OF THE MISSION
- He/She ensures, in collaboration with the lawyer and the accounting firm, that the registration of WAHA in the country and with the different State departments (Tax office, Immigration Authorities, National Insurance society, Planning Ministry…) respecting current administrative procedures, legal and fiscal requirements.
- He/She participates in the drafting of contractual documents for the mission (with the authorities, NGO partners, suppliers, insurers, vehicle and rented property owners…) and ensures their monitoring.
- He/She participates in the administrative and legal monitoring of projects
5. ENSURING THE CIRCULATION OF INFORMATION, THE COORDINATION AND THE REPRESENTATION FOR “ADMIN” QUESTIONS
- He/She ensures an efficient circulation of information to field, capital and headquarters teams.
- He/She drafts or participates in the drafting of internal activity reports for everything dealing with financial, budgetary, accounting, HR, administrative and legal management for the mission.
- He/She ensures the administrative coordination at mission level by regular visits to the bases, controls, monitoring, training, etc…
- Internally, he/she is the representative for WAHA with the Personnel representative instances, either legally compulsory or not. He/She is also the representative for WAHA for all the personnel for any question relating to Human Resources; as such, he/she ensures the communication of any decision or change in rules or procedures to the local teams and ensures that the necessary explanations are provided so that the appropriation is facilitated.
- Externally, he/she represents WAHA with the legal, fiscal and administrative authorities (Work inspectors, Tax office, collection organizations…). He/She develops and maintains relationships with partner entities, in particular within the NGO forum for coordination for everything dealing with finance and human resources.
Focus on 4 priority activities relating to the context of the mission
- Training & Application of WAHA & donor’s procedures
- Production & Application of accounting & financial monitoring tools for the mission
- Close accounting follow-up
- Financial Planning and Budgeting
Number of people to manage and their position
► Direct management: 1 admin/log Officer
First Degree in financial management and second degree in Professional experience
knowledge and skills
Knowledge of institutional donor procedures (ECHO, UN agencies, main bilateral donors)
- Excel compulsory
Required Personal Characteristics (fitting into the team, suitability for the job and assignment)
- Good stress management
- Resistance to pressure
- Analytical capability
- Organized and methodical
- Strong sense of responsibilities & autonomous
- Strong listening and empathy skills
- Ability to adapt, manage priorities and be pragmatic
- Diplomatic and with a sense of negotiation
- Good communication skills
- Honesty and rigor
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates shall send their CV with updated cover letter directly through firstname.lastname@example.org by clearly marking in the subject line “Application for “**Finance and Administrative coordinator**”.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline – May 21st