NGO/UN Job Vacancy
Organization: Fred Hollows Foundation
Closing date: 04 Jun 2017
Consultant Ophthalmologist - Eritrea
- 1 position - Mendefera (Eritrea)
- 24 month contract with possibility of extension
- Capacity building focus
The Eritrean Ministry of Health, in partnership with The Fred Hollows Foundation, is seeking a Consultant Ophthalmologist to strengthen the Eritrean eye health service delivery systems. You will support district eye health workers to develop their surgical, clinical and management skills, as well as complete surgery when required. Position is based in a district hospital in Mendefera, with travel required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Two years MD residency in ophthalmology from a reputed institution.
- Extensive demonstrated ophthalmic surgical and clinical experience.
- Registration with the National Medical Council for Practicing Ophthalmology.
- Experience in Phacoemulsification cataract surgery.
- Experience in Glaucoma.
- Experience as a trainer for cataract surgeries, including small incision cataract surgery.
- Commitment to patient centred, quality services, and data collection and analysis to provide the evidence for services.
- Training in other relevant ophthalmic subspecialties.
- An understanding of working and training conditions in developing countries and the flexibility to work in challenging contexts is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and a commitment to collaboration.
- The ability to bring energy and enthusiasm to the development of eye health services in Eritrea.
- The ability to obtain the appropriate working visa for Eritrea.
You will contribute your expertise for 5 and a half days per week and in return we will provide competitive salary conditions including a gross salary of (USD4,000-USD5,000) per month, annual return airfare to home country, professional development opportunities, emergency medical expatriation insurance cover, contribution to relocation expenses and other benefits depending on experience and qualifications.
How to apply:
Applications can be made via our website: http://ift.tt/246ZPB2
Applications close: 4th June 2017
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.