NGO/UN Job Vacancy
Organization: International Rescue Committee
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 02 Jun 2017
The IRC Finance Team seeks to achieve excellence in financial management by providing accurate and timely financial information to IRC management and programs, by adhering to established financial practices and accounting principles, and by ensuring functional financial systems to support the operations.
The Finance Director has overall responsibility for ensuring accurate and timely financial information is maintained for headquarters including developing accounting procedures. The Finance Director oversees payroll processing for the organization and accounts payable processing at headquarters and will serve as the primary financial advisor for headquarters staff on financial procedures.
The Finance Director reports to the Associate Controller, and manages an overall staff of 8 employees.
- Implement and maintain effective and efficient internal control and accounting procedures for HQ financial functions. Reviews adequacy of internal control processes and implements needed change.
- Review procedures to ensure proper allocation of allocable costs by HQ support departments.
- Monitor and ensure the accuracy of all headquarters revenue, expense, and balance sheet accounts, implementing necessary controls and procedures as required.
- Ensure existing finance policies and procedures are current on an ongoing basis. Ensure most current information is available on IRC's intranet (Rescuenet) for global access.
- Oversee or assist directly in the preparation of schedules for the year-end audit, IRS Form 990, and other reports as assigned by the Associate Controller.
- Oversee the Payroll process ensuring accurate and timely processing of payroll; timely disbursement of payroll funds; adequate internal controls are in place over the processing of payroll through ADP.
- Manage communication and collaboration between Payroll and Human Resources in the development and enhancement of the payroll process.
- Oversee the Accounts Payable process ensuring accurate and timely disbursement and recording of properly supported payments; adequate internal controls are in place over disbursements.
- Determines AP work priorities, and identifies and implements changes to improve productivity and increase efficiency.
- Training of finance & non-finance staff at Headquarters as required
- Other duties or special projects assigned by the Associate Controller.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Associate Controller Position directly supervises: Payroll Officer, Accounts Payable Managers (2) & Assistant (1)
- A. or B.S. in Accounting or Business Administration
- 8-10 years progressive work experience in an accounting environment, with a non-profit organization / solid understanding of fund accounting
- 5 years supervisory experience required
- Solid written and verbal communication skills. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and diplomatic skills: the ability to effectively liaise with colleagues in a diverse multi-cultural environment;
- Strong background in internal controls and accounting procedures. Solid organizational skills: the ability to be productive under pressure in a fast-paced team environment;
- Flexible work attitude: the ability to be flexible and yet focused & reliable in an environment of frequently changing demands;
- Strong computer skills; well versed in MS Excel and a large scale general ledger package
Working Environment: Standard officer work environment.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: http://ift.tt/2r9BQsK